Pokemon Feronia
We have moved, please go here instead.
http://pkmnresurgence.forumotion.com/

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Pokemon Feronia
We have moved, please go here instead.
http://pkmnresurgence.forumotion.com/
Pokemon Feronia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 194 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:54 am

Leveling system and battling

Go down

Leveling system and battling Empty Leveling system and battling

Post by antonm1107 Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:25 am

Alright, so Kat asked me to tell everybody my ideas about the leveling/battling system instead of ranting on the chat, so here goes.
I think that the leveling system should be abolished. So yeah, I'm with Acti on this one.
The strength of a Pokemon should not be defined by how many posts about absolutely nothing at all were written. There would be a huge disconnect between people who type multiple short posts and the ones who wrote a few long ones if so.
Moreover, considering that this is a freeform RP, it's fairly hard to define the strength of a Pokemon. If there was a binary leveling system in place, it would just lead to heated arguments as to whether the level 14 bulbasaur should beat the level 16 chikorita. No, leveling systems need to go.
I believe that the outcome of battles should be decided primarily by three criterion: experience, detail, the Pokemon itself and creativity. Allow me to explain further:
Experience is the number of battles a Pokemon has faced. Ten? Twenty? A charmander that's faced fifty Pokemon in combat will probably defeat a squirtle that's only faced one with near certainly. It's not just this, though; if this charmander has never faced a ghost type before, he could easily be screwed over by a ghastly that hasn't battled before if it's been trained properly.
Of course, if it's just experience that decided the outcome of battles, the aforementioned four-liners would inevitably rule the world. Which brings me to writing skill; the detail that a writer puts into his work should also play a part into who wins or loses a battle, because someone that's written four hundred words has put much more effort than somebody that's written forty.
Finally, there's creativity. Not all roleplayers are great at writing, true, but that doesn't mean they can't be creative. They're no longer confined to the game's limits, they can do so many more things. Use webs as traps, literally whip opponents with tails, spit acid on the ground to prevent enemies from coming near. A creative RPer can beat a thousand words if he's got ingenuity.
There, of course, could be many other factors (individual Pokemon skills like skills for example), but those are the main ones.

antonm1107

Back to top Go down

Leveling system and battling Empty Re: Leveling system and battling

Post by antonm1107 Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:12 pm

Oh, um, since this is already here, could an admin unlock my character? I wrote down that he had a Pokeball for Pooch, but according to Kat he couldn't have one without going to a lab or buying one, so I need to delete the parts that indicate that he owns one.

antonm1107

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum